European Market Statistics
EBAN, the European Trade Association for Business Angels, Seed Funds, and other Early Stage Market Players, announces the publishing of the 2015 Statistics Compendium – a unique research publication highlighting trends in the business angel investing market with the most up-to-date information. Taking into account angel investment data from both 2014 and 2015, EBAN estimates the European early-stage market at EUR 8.6 billion, with Angel Investing representing approximately EUR 6.1 billion in 2015. This report provides information on the overall early stage market, on how business angel networks operate and insight into their investment attitudes.
Key findings of EBAN’s annual statistics for the year 2015 include:
- Angel investment grows 8,3% from EUR 5.5 billion in 2012 to EUR 6.1 billion in 2015
- Overall early stage investment market is estimated at EUR 8.6 billion
- UK leads European angel investment (visible market) with 96 million Euros followed by Spain (EUR 55) and Germany (EUR 44)
- European angel investment community is made up of approximately 303.650 angel investors
- Europe’s visible market is stabilising at 470 networks
- Average investment per company increases to EUR 184.000 in 2015 (EUR 166.000 in 2013)
- Investment per angel investor decreased from EUR 20.437 to EUR 19.990
- ICT collects 22% of amount invested and 37% of number of deals followed by Manufacturing and Biotech and Life Sciences (13% and 11% respectively) in terms of amount invested and Mobile (13%) in terms of number of deals.
- BAs continue to invest more and more with other angels and through early-stage funds
- EBAN would like to thank all of its members for their invaluable contributions to this important publication, which will be used to inform many stakeholders in the startup ecosystem, from private investors to policymakers.
For more resources, visit the Holland FinTech dedicated insights page here. Download the full report below.