- Through the “Nothing Breaks Like a Heart. Restart One” campaign, the company raised the necessary funds to acquire and install seven defibrillators in public places from its hometown, Cluj-Napoca. The AEDs will be placed by the local Emergency Medicine Service during 2020.
- Romanian CSR Awards recognizes the best corporate social responsibility projects carried out by Romanian companies in 2020
Fortech was honored with the highest award for the “Internal CSR Campaign” category at the 8th edition of the Romanian CSR Awards Gala. The award-selection team considered Fortech’s “Nothing Breaks Like a Heart. Restart One” initiative to be an example of commitment towards the health and wellbeing of the community. The 800 people company raised funds for seven automated external defibrillators (AED) to reduce fatalities induced by sudden cardiac arrest.
The creative method in which it was organized, as a 20/80 game (for each team that came up with 20% of the total cost of a defibrillator, the company matched the rest of 80%), the importance of the cause and the fantastic outcome promoted Fortech to the first place in the “Internal CSR Campaign” category.
„We are extremely grateful that our efforts in the CSR sector are appreciated and rewarded. It is an honor to be included among the big players of the international business scene. This award motivates us to continue to do more for our community. More than ever, in light of the recent events, we learned that we are in this together, and only together, we can shape a better future. I am thankful to my colleagues who joined the campaign in such a great number, but also to SMURD Cluj, without whom, we couldn’t do all this”, said Calin Vaduva, CEO of Fortech.
Romania’s CSR Awards aim is not only to discover and recognize the best CSR campaigns organized by Romanian companies but to set an example for the future. To encourage firms and organizations to get involved in projects that aid the community and touch their core needs. Over 246 campaigns got nominated for the 62 prizes and special mentions granted by the jury during Romania’s CSR Awards in the first online gala.
Focus on Healthcare, the Community, and the Future
The campaign confirms, once again, that Fortech understands the needs of the healthcare sector, and is continuously involved in actions meant to shape the future of the medical ecosystem. Our teams involvement goes beyond the development of custom software for the healthcare sector. As the company’s approach is always customer-centric and focused on solving real-life problems when writing code, so are its CSR actions. Fortech already implements a major CSR strategy on healthcare.
Through the long-term collaboration with SMURD Cluj and the Beard Brothers Association Fortech supported multiple actions and initiatives:
- Emergency Medicine Summer School – dedicated to future doctors from Romania and the Republica of Moldova. During the three editions supported by Fortech, more than 100 medical students developed practical abilities in emergency medicine.
- Series of internal sessions of first aid training. Since its start, over 350 Fortech professionals from Cluj, Iasi, Oradea, and Brasov learned CPR techniques and how to use an automated external defibrillator.
- Internal fundraising campaigns for buying an ambulance for the local Emergency Medicine Service. Fortech joined Beard Brothers Association in their quest for renewing the SMURD Cluj fleet with a fully equipped ambulance.
- Internal fundraising campaign in response to the health crisis generated by the novel coronavirus. This year’s 50,000 euro Fortech sponsorship for the Beard Brothers Association campaign enabled the acquisition of thousands of sets of protective gear for the frontline medical staff in the fight with COVID-19.
Fortech is a top Romanian software development company headquartered in Cluj-Napoca. With a workforce of 800 software engineers, Fortech has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte, EY, and Forbes for its fast-growing, entrepreneurial journey.
With expertise and a strategic focus across healthcare, financial services, automotive sectors, and more, we cover the end-to-end software lifecycle development to deliver the innovation, scalability, quality and speed our clients need.
Our approach to software engineering combines strong technology and process know-how, Agile delivery methods, and a blend of code quality practices and metrics refined in almost two decades. Since 2003, two hundred clients chose Fortech as their tech partner.
Read the original article here