For this week’s funding article, we have gathered the latest transactions, deals and investment rounds from fintech. We take a closer look at diverse domains and topics, including cybersecurity, lending firms, blockchain, payments, mobile financial apps, insurance, orchestration solutions & more! Dive into the piece and happy reading!
OneTrust cybersecurity company raises $300m (€246.34m) in Series C funding round
OneTrust (Atlanta, GA, US), a privacy, security, and data governance technology platform provider, raised $300m (€246.34m) in Series C funding round. The funding values the company, founded in 2016, at $5.1 billion and brings total money raised in the last 18 months to $710m. The round was led by TCV with participation from existing investors Insight Partners and Coatue. Read more
Creditas Brazilian lending company raises $255 million (€209.39m)
Creditas (São Paulo, Brazil), a lending business, has raised $255 million (€209.39m) in new financing. Investors in the round include LGT Lightstone, Tarsadia Capital, Wellington Management, e.ventures and an affiliate of Advent International, Sunley House Capital. Creditas has plans to use the cash to expand its home and auto lending as well as a payday lending service based on customers’ salaries and a retail option to sell through buy now, pay later loans based on a customer’s salary. Read more
Paxos Raises $142M (€116.60m) in Series C Funding
Paxos (NY, US), a regulated blockchain infrastructure platform, closed a $142m (€116.60m) Series C funding round, led by Declaration Partners. Other investors were: Mithril Capital, PayPal Ventures, RIT Capital Partners plc, Ken Moelis, Alua Capital, Senator Investment Group and more. The company will use this capital to accelerate growth, including scaling its operations and platform capacity. Read more
GoCardless Raises $95M (€78.01m) in Funding
GoCardless (London, UK), a recurring payments company, raised $95m (€78.01m) in a Series F funding round, led by Bain Capital Ventures. The company will use the funding to accelerate its open banking strategy, combining the latest technology with its global bank debit network and expand its offering into the adjacent e-commerce market. Read more
Liberis business finance platform raised £70m (€77.32m)
Liberis (London, UK), a global embedded business finance platform, raised £70m (€77.32m) in financing. Backers included British Business Investments, Paragon Bank, BCI Europe, as well as financing and venture debt from new partner Silicon Valley Bank (SVB). The new funds will be used to accelerate company growth, launch new products and markets, and provide additional customer financing solutions. Read more
Lydia mobile fintech app receives $86M (€70.62m) funding
Lydia (Paris, France), a based mobile financial services platform, raised an additional $86M (€70.62m) of its Series B funding round, led by Accel, with participation from existing shareholders. The company intends to use the funds to accelerate its product roadmap and to expand its geographic footprint. Read more
Pine Labs Is Now Valued at $2 Billion
Pine Labs (Noida, India), a digital payments firm, has reportedly secured $75-100 million (€61.59m – €82.12m) through an investment round that was led by US-headquartered hedge fund Lone Pine Capital. Pine Labs’ latest investment round includes a secondary share sale through which some of the firm’s early backers and workers have sold off their holdings. Read more
Bestow insurance company raises $70m (€57.48m) in Series C funding
Other funding rounds which caught our eye for this week:
- Self Financial fintech Secures $40 Million (€32.85m) – Self Financial (Austin, TX, US), a fintech company, announced it secured $40 million (€32.85m) through its Series D investment round, which was led by Meritech Capital with participation from Altos Ventures, Conductive Ventures, and Silverton Partners. Read more
- Outpost24 security company raises €19 million – Outpost24 (Karlskrona, Sweden), a cybersecurity company, has raised €19 million from Swedbank Robur and Alcur Fonder to continue expanding worldwide. Read more
- NetGuardians fintech raises €15.7M – NetGuardians (Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland), a fintech company providing behavioural risk-prevention solutions, raised a new funding round of €15.7M to help banks fight fraud. Read more
- SMEO fintech startup raises €4 million – SMEO (Warsaw, Poland), a fintech startup that set out to support small and micro-enterprises in Poland, raised €4 million from investors Finch Capital and Precapital. Read more
- SquidPay banks $2m (€1.64m) in series A funding – SquidPay Technology (Philippines), a fintech company, raised 100 million pesos (€1.64m) in its series A round. Read more
Do you have any news to share: please put email@example.com on your press list.
Curious to read and find out more from fintech? Then subscribe & read our full newsletters here: https://hollandfintech.com/featured/newsletters/. In order to see our other weekly highlights, check out the following links: news, research, analysis & opinion.