Holland FinTech in association with 2Tokens and DNB hosted on January 20th a panel session entitled “A token of appreciation – The value of tokenization for financial services,” with guest speakers from the fintech ecosystem. This event aimed at bringing together experts from some of the best-in-class Finance Specialists in The Netherlands to discuss market updates on Tokenization, Banking, Expectations & Predictions for 2021, and more.
Tokens are familiar to the financial industry, but since the rise of cryptocurrencies and related technological possibilities, we see an increased interest in the field. Tokens can be used to represent all kinds of contracts and value, and have the potential for more transparency, trust, liquidity and speed of financial services. Today several industry initiatives join forces, to discuss the potential and way forward of tokenization in financial services.
The event captured the interest of a diverse audience, ranging from researchers, developers, tech sector representatives, regulators, and entrepreneurs.
Speakers & Agenda:
- Opening – Alex Bausch│2Tokens , Don Ginsel│Holland FinTech
- Introduction into Tokenization – State of Market – Robert van Altena│PWC
- Legal Aspects of Tokenization – Latest Developments – Clair Wermers│CMS
- 2Tokens Roadmap – Marleen Evertsz│Nxchange & Alex Bausch│2Tokens
- Banking View on Tokenization – NVB white paper – Marjan van der Plas│ABN AMRO
- Use Cases for 2021 – Marleen Evertsz│Nxchange
- Panel Discussion with the Following Speakers: Kim Schneider│Rabobank, Marjan van der Plas│ABN AMRO , Leonard Franken│AFM.
- Closing words
In case you missed the event or would like to re-watch the session, check out the video below: