Paris, September 10, 2020 – Sopra Banking Software announces a new corporate branding with a new logo, as well as the new product positioning. For over ten years, the financial institutions market has undergone profound changes, and we have constantly adapted to meet its challenges.
A new chapter for Sopra Banking Software
Since 1968, Sopra has been a strategic technology partner for leading financial institutions. In 2012, Sopra Group established Sopra Banking Software, a fully owned subsidiary with the ambition of creating a global leader in the banking software market. “Today, Sopra Banking Software enters a new chapter by introducing a new corporate identity, differentiated from Sopra Steria’s, and confirming its strategy and new product positioning with two platforms for two markets” – Eric Pasquier, CEO of Sopra Banking Software.
Numerous companies joined forces to create Sopra Banking Software in 2012. Since then, we have gone from being a local software provider to a global financial technology (Fintech) leader. In 2019, IDC* ranked Sopra Banking Software among the top 50 global Fintech companies.
A new corporate branding, a new logo
Today, our team continues to unify around a common mission, shared values and an ambitious strategy – our new logo represents all of that. It is the cornerstone of our new visual brand identity.
- Component-based – Squares in the logo symbolize our platforms’ component-based architecture, a unique differentiator in the marketplace.
- From legacy to digital – Two arrows and two layers representing the ongoing industry transition from legacy to digital, from on-premise to cloud technologies.
- Diversity & street art – Several contrasting colors refer to one of our most important values – diversity. Our company combines talented people who have joined us from different countries, cultures and companies. It also represents our Street Art Initiative, a key part of our branding identity.
(*) IDC FinTech Rankings 2019
A new positioning with 2 Platforms for 2 markets
Sopra Banking Software offers two platforms for two markets:
- Sopra Banking Platform for retail and corporate banks – a leading component-based, cloud agnostic, digital banking platform, which encompasses our Digital Banking Engagement Platform (DBEP) and all strategic core banking systems in our portfolio – Core Amplitude, Core Platform, Core MSS, and Core SAB AT
- Sopra Financing Platform for specialized finance institutions. It integrates two market-leading solutions, Apak WFS and Cassiopae
The global Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated the needs of billions of people to have easier access to better financial services, anywhere, anytime. Banks and financial institutions are being pushed to transform faster than ever.
In this context, financial technological partners play a decisive role in supporting financial institutions more than ever; not just in their day-to-day practices and their plans for the future, but also in helping to make finance accessible to as many people as possible.
About Sopra Banking Software
Sopra Banking Software is the partner of choice for more than 1,500 financial institutions worldwide.
The rich variety of our solutions, the strength of our conviction and our passion for innovation enable us to support our clients on a daily basis and in their future projects, as well as in their goals regarding financial inclusion.
Our customers, based in over 80 countries around the world, benefit every day from our technologies and software, as well as the expertise of our 5,000 employees.
Sopra Banking Software is a subsidiary of the Sopra Steria Group, a European leader in consulting, digital services and software development. With more than 46,000 employees, the Sopra Steria Group generated a turnover of €4.43 billion in 2019.
Find more information about Sopra Banking Software here.