Calling all Dutch fintechs! Interested in SOUTH AFRICA? Want to expand your network? Join a virtual trade mission 22-25 June.
The Netherlands’ Embassy and RVO invite you to join a flagship virtual trade mission to beautiful South Africa! Learn all about SA fintech developments and business opportunities. Get exposure to SA banks, insurers, government, other fintechs etc. Get connected to potential business partners.
Friday 25 June the program is dedicated to fintech.
Why South Africa?
- Fintech is growing in SA. Banks and insurers are adapting rapidly. Consumers are keen to adopt new technologies and services.
- Opportunities are in payment systems, process automation, cybersecurity, technologies incl AI, financial inclusion, open banking, banking/insurance services.
- Johannesburg is the financial hub of Africa, home to Africa’s biggest banks and many multinationals’ headquarters. Cape Town has a thriving start-up scene.
- Did you know that Prosus, the 3rd largest fund listed on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange, is a spin-off of South African company Naspers? Just one example of international South African fintech success.
Why join this trade mission?
- Get informed about sector developments and market entry information during a 1-hour expert webinar on 25 June.
- Get exposure during a pitching session.
- Get connected to potential partners facilitated by a professional matchmaker.
How do I sign up, where do I find more info?
- More info and sign up via this website: Virtuele handelsmissie Zuid-Afrika | RVO.nl | Rijksdienst (note that the website is in Dutch but the full mission program is in English)
- The mission and matchmaking will be hosted on the B2Match platform. On this site you can also find more info in English: Virtual Tech Mission South Africa – Welcome (b2match.io)
- Costs are EUR 250 per company; professional tailor-made matchmaking costs an additional EUR 250. If you want to make use of the tailor-made matchmaking, deadline for sign-up is 6 May. Later sign-up is possible, but without tailor-made matchmaking.